Latest News‎ > ‎

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update - Monday 16th March

posted Mar 16, 2020, 5:39 AM by Mark Giudici   [ updated Mar 16, 2020, 5:40 AM ]

Dear Parent/Carer,



I am writing to provide further guidance on procedures surrounding the complex and rapidly-changing Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and the processes we have decided to take.


Please see the "Coronavirus Updates for Parents" section on the school website for the precautions we have already been taking and those planned should we be required to implement them.


Following on from the Prime Minister’s address on Friday, we are moving to ‘Stage 3 - Delay’ in our preventing and Managing Sickness procedures.


With immediate effect, please do not send your child/children to school if they have:

  • A new or continuous cough and/or

  • A high temperature


The latest government advice is found on the website. The government presently says that “If you have symptoms of Coronavirus infection (Covid-19), however mild, do not leave your home for 7 days from when the symptoms started”.


We will be monitoring these two symptoms of coronavirus closely in school and will contact parents to collect children who are displaying them.  Daily updates from the Department for Education are being received and, as we have been doing, will pass on key information as appropriate.


In recent days we have been exploring options of remote learning and digital learning during a school closure - we will keep you updated with the process should the need arise.  The G.C.S.E and A Level examinations are rapidly approaching;again, we will keep you updated as things are changing so rapidly once we hear from Ofqual the exams regulator.


We have taken the very difficult decision, after considering everybody’s health and welfare, to cancel school trips for the foreseeable future.  We understand how disappointing this will be for the students as it is for staff, but we feel this is such an unprecedented situation there is sadly no alternative.


It is with deep regret that, with accordance with our risk assessment, we have to cancel our Annual Presentation Evening.  We are going to re-schedule as soon as possible.


I wish to reassure you that, at this point, I am not aware of any confirmed cases within the school community.


Please keep us informed of any developments so we can keep our children as safe as possible.


Thank you for your continued support.


Yours sincerely, 


Mr R Trafford

Principal


Comments