- 21.9 hours per week
21.9 Hours Per Week (Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 08:00-16:00)
TTO SCP 5-6
FTE pro-rata £16,886 – £17,620
Actual salary £10,132 – £10,572
Holyhead School is a heavily oversubscribed 11-19 Academy in Handsworth with over 1300 students on roll. The school was designated ‘Good‘ by Ofsted following a successful inspection in February 2020. Inspectors highlighted a number of key reasons for the school’s success including:
- Teachers have high expectations of all students, regardless of their ability
- Relationships are excellent and are built on respect and trust
- Students from many different backgrounds and cultures get on very well together
- Staff morale is high
- GCSE results across a range of subjects are significantly better than those of similar schools, representing outstanding progress
- Students’ achievement in the Sixth Form is outstanding
We are looking for….
- An efficient and enthusiastic individual with excellent communication skills
- An energetic practitioner able to deliver pre-planned lessons in a variety of subjects
- A person who is calm, caring, approachable, but firm
- A dedicated professional with a commitment to extracurricular activities that add value for students
- A hard-working individual with high levels of literacy and numeracy
We can offer….
- Excellent students and staff who will enthuse and inspire the successful candidate
- The opportunity to be part of a highly innovative and successful school
- A friendly and supportive working environment
- A commitment to staff wellbeing
- A comprehensive induction programme and the opportunity to engage in further professional development
- The opportunity to train as a teacher for the right candidate
If you feel that you could add value and have the necessary energy, enthusiasm and sense of humour to join us then please contact Mrs Nidhi Bains, Human Resources Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for an application pack. Alternatively, the information can be downloaded from our website. Informal enquiries are most welcome. Please note applications are only accepted on the official Holyhead School job application form.
Holyhead School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.
Closing date: Tuesday 21st June 2022
** From 1st January 2022 Holyhead School joined the Central Region School Trust.
About Central Region Schools Trust
We are a group of schools with a strong and powerful relationship with The Royal Society for the Encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce (The RSA). The RSA has a strong history of supporting educational innovation, thinking and approaches, going back as far as the Nineteenth Century (https://www.thersa.org/about-us/education-history). Today we work together as a group of schools, working closely with the RSA, to ensure the best possible educational outcomes for young people in our schools, with examples of this work showcased on this website. We aim to ensure excellent test and examination results for our students, and ensure they are fully prepared for a happy and fulfilling life.