MFL Lead Practitioner
- 36.5 hours per week
- Start date: September 2022
Lead Practitioner French / Spanish
L1 – L3 but negotiable based on experience
Required for September 2022
Our Mission is to Teach What Matters
At Holyhead, we are privileged to work in a diverse community where we have a positive impact on students’ life chances and aspirations. They should be proud of, and not held back by, where they are from. Our students are entitled to a first-rate, inclusive and context-specific education, one which provides them with the knowledge and skills to achieve their best possible outcomes. This will enable them to thrive in a competitive world outside our walls. We will promote and prioritise excellence, adults equipping students with the characteristics that are necessary for success in a rapidly changing society. We will Teach What Matters. Our cohesive curriculum is designed so that all subjects contribute to the development of the skills and experiences we have collectively defined as important to our students.We believe exceptional learning and expert teaching will be achieved by:
- Staff prioritising their own development so that children benefit from their exceptional subject and pedagogical knowledge
- Extending students’ reading experiences and enriching their vocabulary across and beyond the curriculum
- Staff being responsive practitioners through informed collaborative planning and ongoing evaluation
- Planning for learning rather than performance to ensure lasting learning
- Recognising the efficiency and impact of direct instruction by expert teachers
We are an Ofsted ‘good’ school (2020) and a member of Central Region Schools Trust (founded by the RSA). Not all childrens’ needs are equal. Here at Holyhead, we know that better than anyone. It’s important to understand needs, aspirations and challenges, and we mean really understand, because our community is unlike most others – it’s not richer or privileged. It’s real with children who need care and role models to help shape their future, lift aspirations and keep them safe. Our community needs a distinctive style, creativity and ability when it comes to teaching. We are not a school that prides itself on positions in league tables (although students make outstanding academic progress). Instead, we pride ourselves on the children who get jobs and develop character that steers them away from an alternative, less positive life. That’s our purpose and the more we learn from children, the better life lessons we can teach. There is a magic to Holyhead we must preserve and celebrate every day. There is a commitment to listening and building relationships you will not find anywhere else
We are looking for….
- A Lead Practitioner to exemplify best practice, working across the Birmingham and Black Country Hub of Central Region Schools Trust but based at Holyhead School.
- An energetic practitioner able to support the Head of Faculty to identify areas for improvement within the curriculum
- A teacher who understands the importance of good quality teaching resources, reliable assessment and intervention for rapid progress
- A dedicated professional with a commitment to extracurricular activities that add value for students
- Someone who believes in our distinctive mission and values
We can offer….
- At Holyhead School, leaders, teachers and governors are committed to improving the life chances of young people (Ofsted, Feb 2022). We have an extensive instructional coaching staff development model that extends the professional learning accessible through the wider trust.
- Leaders, including governors, show strong, principled leadership. Staff say they are proud to work at the school. Leaders consider staff’s well-being and their workload (Ofsted, Feb 2020)
- They [students] speak warmly of the support they receive. Most pupils enjoy school and work hard. They make friends and feel safe. There is a strong climate for learning. Pupils’ behaviour is good (Ofsted, Feb 2020).
- A commitment to staff wellbeing, Employee Assistance Programme
- Other staff benefits such as CPD, Pension, Cycle to Work scheme, Special leave policies, Flexible Working etc.
Holyhead has an outstanding track record. If you feel that you could add value to the current provision for our students and have the necessary energy, enthusiasm and sense of humour to join us as we move forward in this exciting curriculum area then please contact Mrs Nidhi Bains, Human Resources Manager on email@example.com and ask for an application pack. Alternatively, the information can be downloaded from our website. Informal enquiries are most welcome. Please note applications are only accepted on the official Holyhead School job application form.
Holyhead School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.
Closing Date: 12 noon on Monday 23 May
Interview Date: Wednesday 25th May
Holyhead School, Milestone Lane, Holyhead Road, Handsworth, Birmingham, B210HN
Tel: 0121-523-1960 Fax: 0121-523-1969 email: firstname.lastname@example.org